SERENDIPITY {def.} the faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident

about me

My photo
Natural Light and Location Photographer, Wellsville, Utah in the Cache Valley
Happy Skies Photography. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

When I get old....

When I recently went with my mother to visit my Grandma, a funny thing happened. I realized when you get old, you loose your ability to filter what you say or maybe you choose to not care what people think. Cute little old ladies who once gave us those stern looks when we giggled when we weren't supposed to are now spilling their guts on what ails them! Grandma, noticed I burnt my neck with the curling iron. Her being old came into play and she proceeded to tell a story..."I took a shower the other day." she started. In my mind I thought, this is good but where is this going?? "I got out of the shower and dried off."she said. This is good I thought..."Well I was curling my hair and I was naked" she replied. WHOA!!! Please don't say anymore!! "And I dropped the curling iron on my boob and burnt it!" she said. She then measured about 6 inches on her boob. "It hurt like heck!" Rolling on the floor laughing I realize that my beloved Grandma has either lost her speech filter or doesn't care anymore. I hope one day I can be carefree like my Grandma, don't want to burn my boob but not be so consumed with what will people think, life is too short!! This whole conversation puts what Great-Grandma said to my mom long along into perspective, "Someday when you are my age all you will have to do is roll them up and put them in your bra!"

No comments:

Post a Comment